Wednesday 18 February 2015

Drought

New Zealand is a beautiful country, and I love to snap photos there.  I recently read an article challenging the reader to try to tell a story rather than snapping the usual tourist photos.  Much of the South Island is gripped by a devastating drought.  Farmers are hanging on, and worrying.  I wanted to tell the story of the drought through photos.  That's not as easy as I thought it would be, but here are a few of my attempts.







Sheep are adaptable animals that find shade wherever they can, and seem to thrive regardless of the conditions.
















Pastureland is suffering from lack of moisture, but weeds still grow.













Streams that months ago brought fresh, clear water from the high country are now a trickle.




















Clouds bring hope and the occasional light shower, but not the days of rain that's needed.







"Always rains after a dry spell."  (old saying)

No comments:

Post a Comment