Sunday 19 October 2014

Peony

I have had such fun this summer learning how to use my macro lens.  One of my favourite subjects has been the seed heads of plants in my garden.  I have never paid any attention to what plants look like after the petals turn brown and fall off.  The seed heads that form are just as interesting, if not more so, as the colourful flowers.  They look like alien creatures to me.  Next summer I hope to plant many more varieties of flowers so I can photograph them after they bloom.  Some of my family will be wondering about me.








     A peony










For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together.  For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad.
Edwin Way Teale


1 comment:

  1. Oh my... that is an amazing picture, stirs the imagination!
    E.S.

    ReplyDelete